The Urban Archaeology of Vienna (Stadtarchäologie Wien) invite you to present a lecture / poster at the 16th International Conference on Cultural Heritage and New Technologies in the City Hall of Vienna, Austria.
The Call for Papers (Sessions/Workshops) will end on June, 27th.
The main Topic of the Conference is “Urban Archaeology and Prospection“.
Section 1: Prospection, Survey and Data Integration
* Prospection and Remote Sensing – Advanced Methods For Archaeology
* Data integration, data handling and data processing/analysis
* 3D Reconstructions from Urban Surveys
* Lost Cities – Prospections and hypothetical Urbanistic Reconstructions
Section 2: Urban Archaeology – Streets, Roads and Squares
* Streets, Roads and Squares – Development, Function and Conversion
* Streets, Roads and Squares – Continuity versus Discontinuity
* Streets, Roads and Squares – The Urban Square – a public space free of buildings?
* Pre-Excavation Strategies ‘
* Kulturportale’ – Historical Maps and Views
* Geographical referencing of historical maps
* Streets and Squares in Central European Towns – Work in Progress (English/German)
Detailed program: http://www.stadtarchaeologie.at/?page_id=3109
Notification speakers: July 15th, 2011 (Please mind: The Call for paper was extended until June 27th)
Payment for speakers: (latest): September 2nd, 2011
End of Submission – CALL for Posters: July 6th, 2011
Notification poster presenters: July 29th, 2011
The best posters will priced with the 3rd Vienna Cultural Heritage and New Technologies Poster Award.
End of submission – CALL for Videos: October 14th, 2011
Full paper submission (lecture/poster): February 27th, 2012
For the program and further information please visit our homepage: www.stadtarchaeologie.at