An email from Marinos Ioannides:
The island of Cyprus and the organizing committee are pleased to announce a joint conference to be held from the 30th of October to the 4th of November, 2006 focused on building regional capacity in Cultural Heritage: www.cipa2006.org
The e-volution of Information Technology in Cultural Heritage, Where Hi-Tech Touches the Past: Risks and Challenges for the 21st Century.
A joint event for the exchange and sharing of know-how in the areas of Cultural Heritage (CH) and Information Technology (IT) focusing on e-documentation and Computer Graphics:
– The 37th CIPA International Workshop on e-Documentation and Standardisation in Cultural Heritage (http://cipa.icomos.org)
– The 7th VAST International Symposium on Virtual Reality, Archaeology and Cultural Heritage.
– The 4th Eurographics Workshop on Graphics and Cultural Heritage (http://www.eg.org)
– The 1st Euro-Med Conference on IT in Cultural Heritage.
– EPOCH General Assembly and EPOCH SME meeting (http://www.epoch-net.org/)
– The 6th RecorDIM Roundtable (http://extranet.getty.edu/recordim/)
It is the first time that several organizations have decided to join together in order to create an optimal environment for the discussion and explanation of new technologies, exchange of modern ideas and in general to allow the transfer of knowledge between a maximum number of professionals and academics during one common time period. The attached announcement includes the call for papers and registration information.
We would appreciate it if you would distribute this announcement to any interested colleagues.
We hope you find this 2006 joint conference to be of interest and look forward to seeing you in Cyprus! For questions or requests for additional information, please visit our
preliminary website: www.cipa2006.org or www.vast2006.org
Email: chairman AT cipa2006.org